2010-04-09

FXPHD, closed, done, complete, over. PHEW



Well, that was an interesting ride of 10 weeks of doing FXPHD. And while I really enjoyed doing it, well, it was quite a lot of work (since I'm such a nerdy perfectionist and want to embellish everything to the border of insanity) so I won't be doing it again any time soon....

I have not heard if the FXPHD guys plan to re-run the course, at least it is not being re-run immediately for the current April term starting up in the next few weeks. And of course, if/when it is re-run, it's the same classes run again, so all I have to do then is to hang around in the forums for questions, which is much easier....

It was quite fun to see the progress of the students and I saw quite a few nice renders done by them. I think I made several people see the light of linear rendering... :)



I'll let you guys know when more similar stuff happens. Next up is EUE (more in a future post)

Also, expect some trickle-down effect for the blog. I created some nifty Phenomena for the FXPhd course that I will post here after some polish.... stay tuned!

/Z

6 comments:

Tay A. Othman said...

Really I feel guilty to miss such professional course...since I was on a tight schedule for my production...!
I'll join the next one for sure....thanks sir for contributing such mad techniques!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for everything you put in ZAP.
While you did make us see the "light of linear rendering" it was much more than that.We now understand a heck of a lot more to what makes MR tick and what turns her off ;)

i'm sure the FXPHD folks would love a re-run as it was THE MOST requested_&_appreciated class but you might have to explicitly mention that you "don't_mind" supporting the forums only this term.

again this course was MR user's wet dream :P


b

Alexander said...

Damn I missed this amazing course !!!
Can you reveal what is the shader settings of LinusHofman render thanks. His render looks very cool also what was the rendertime ...

Munari El-Khatib lll said...

Congratulations Man!!!

Beautifull!!!

myBrownThumb said...

Thanks so much Zap! This was by far the best course I enjoyed in fxphd, and tried really hard to keep up with even during busy work times...
It really opened up alot of wondrous secrets of MR ...to wield this power!! hehehe...

So glad we managed to 'catch' this MR wave when it happened, and we really appreciate all the hard work you took to making each extremely satisfying episode which is relished like a really awesome meal...
Meantime take good care and we hope that you will run another advanced course soon!! =D

robert said...

So sorry i missed it! :( i wanna next term! :)